DEVELOPING AND MANAGING NEW PRODUCTS
Title of Paper Goes Here
New Product Development Process
Short Essay: Write a minimum 200 words in response to each of your 3 essay questions using research from your textbook to help substantiate your understanding of products and the new product development process. Apply APA style referencing in your writing.
1. With regard to consumer appeal, compare and contrast the GaGa’s brand with the Sherbetter name of the product.
2. Why did Jim King and his wife choose the GaGa’s brand over the use of Sherbetter as the brand of the product?
3. Type the following phrase into your website browser: “Gaga Gourmet Frozen Dessert and Ice Cream.” On the results page, identify retailer websites and social media websites that feature the Gaga’s brand and product offerings. Explore these resources and identify a single Gaga Gourmet product offering. Discuss the following topics related to your chosen Gaga Gourmet product offering:
· Product Features
· Product Benefits
· Product Packaging
· Product Labeling
Part 2: Defend Your Answer Challenge:
Step 1: Highlight your multiple choice answer in yellow.
Step 2: Write a 100 (or more) word discussion in defense of each of your answers to the multiple choice questions using research from your textbook to help substantiate your understanding of products and the new product development process. Apply APA style referencing in your writing.
1. What type of consumer product is the Sherbetter bar?
a. Shopping Product
b. Convenience Product
c. Specialty Product
d. Unsought Product
2. When GaGa’s developed Sherbetter Bars, what type of new product was that?
a. Repositioned product
b. Improvement on an existing product
c. Addition to an existing product line
d. New product line
c. Idea Screening
d. Business Analysis
5. In what stage of the new product development process should GaGa’s have introduced Sherbetter and the companies marketing program into the market to gauge consumer reactions?
a. Test Marketing
b. Target Marketing
c. Business Analysis
6. In what stage of the product life cycle is Sherbetter?