1. A company is planning to transport hydrogen, carbon, and sulfur by train to another city. Identify the labels, marking, and placards that the DOT requires when transporting these elements. Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
1. Describe some ways that the Emergency Response Guidebook is used when responding to incidents involved the release of hazardous materials. Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
1. Describe how the chemical characteristics, production methods, uses, and associated unique hazards of hydrogen can affect the safety of an environmental health and safety (EHS) and fire science (FS) professional. Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
1. A nursing home is installing their own bulk oxygen system due to their large volume of consumption. OSHA regulation 29 CFR 1910.104(b)(2)(iii) requires owners of bulk oxygen systems to provide noncombustible surfacing in areas where liquid oxygen might leak during operation of the system or during the filling of a storage container. If the nursing home provides an asphalt surface in areas where oxygen could potentially leak, will it be in compliance with the workplace regulation regarding oxygen? Explain your answer. Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
1. Although coal is no longer the favored energy source, U.S. coal mines still produced close to a billion short tons of coal. Contrast the properties of three different forms of coal. Discuss at least five chemical products, including activated carbon, formed from coal and their related health hazards. Describe DOT’s recommended response actions to incidents involved the release and burning of coal. Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
1. The Hazardous Materials Safety Administration published the Emergency Response Guidebook and has developed a free, mobile web app of the Emergency Response Guidebook (2016). Reflect on the information available in this guidebook or through the app and on the format in which it is presented. Which resource (hard copy or mobile app) would be a more effective tool for you in the workplace and why? Your journal entry must be at least 200 words. No references or citations are necessary.