ATI Maternal newborn 2019
1. A nurse is assessing a newborn following a forceps assisted birth. Which of the following clinical manifestations should the nurse identify as a complication of the birth method?
C. Facial Palsy
D. Bronchopumonary dysplasia
2. A nurse is providing teaching about terbutaline to a client who is experiencing preterm labor. Which of the following statement by client indicates an understanding of the teaching?
“The medication could cause me to experience heart paptation”
“This medication could cause me to experience blurred vision”
“This medication could cause me to experience ringing in my ears”
“This medication could cause me to experience frequent …”
4. A nurse is caring for a client who has hyperemesis gravidarum. Which of the following laboratory tests should the nurse anticipate?
Rapid plasma regain
5. A nurse is caring for a client who is in labor and requests nonpharmacological pain management. Which of the following nursing actions promotes client comfort?
A. Assisting the client into squatting position
B. Having the client lie in a supine position
C. Applying fundal pressure during contractions
D. Encouraging the client to void every 6 hr
6. A nurse caring for a client who is at 20 weeks of gestation and has trichomoniasis. Which of the following findings should the nurse expect?
A. Thick, White Vaginal Discharge
B. Urinary Frequency
C. Vulva Lesions
D. Malodorous Discharge
7. A nurse is caring for a client who is 14 weeks of gestation. At which the following locations should the nurse place the Doppler device when assessing the fetal heart rate?
A. Midline 2 to 3 cm (0.8 to 1.2 in) above the symphysis pubis
B. Left Upper Abdomen
C. Two fingerbreadths above the umbilicus
D. Lateral at the Xiphoid Process