System Integration health care to improve efficiency
Advancements in technology have made it possible to incorporate systems within the functions of health care to improve efficiency across the organization. Integration of functions can be incorporated in the way inventory is kept, supplies are ordered, how patients are billed, and in many other areas. Innovation is key because it drives productivity, reduces mistakes, and increases profitability. Determine an area within your organization where there is a need for systems integration — systems integration that will improve quality care and outcomes in the organization. Utilize your research from the Systems Research assignment on integrating processes within an organization. Create a Wire Diagram of the area needing systems integration. Illustrate how the processes and functions within the chosen area are connected and how they can be integrated. You can use any software program of your choosing to create this diagram. Note: Refer to Figure 14-4 Wire diagram of health care supply chain information systems on p. 359 of your textbook. (attached) Write a 525-word summary of your Wire Diagram addressing the following:
• Provide a brief description of the system you selected.
• Explain why the integration is needed and how the system will be used to improve the organization’s processes and quality?
• Identify the stakeholders that will be effected by the new integration.
• Determine how to best communicate the integration of the new product and which empowerment strategies you will use to help staff buy into the change.
• Compare and contrast the different roles that leaders and managers will play in the integration of the new systems.
Provide in-text citations and references for all sources cited; format according to APA