Current Issues in Business Ethics and CSR.
ASSIGNMENT 2 (the question is towards the end of the document)
If you are not sure about anything ask me in class or email me (click on blue).
Assignment learning objectives/outcomes:
1. To be able to prepare and write a well-informed sustained argument that clearly shows your voice in response to a set question. This is one of the most valuable skills you can develop at University and make use of for the rest of your life.
1. to develop your learning in current issues in Current Issues in Business Ethics and CSR.
1. to stimulate your analytical, critical, and evaluative faculties. To
put topics into a particular context.
1. to help prepare you for the kinds of situations you may face as a future manager.
1. to encourage and develop your information gathering and processing skills (investigative skills)
1. to be competent at applying relevant theory/literature/best practice to reality
1. to encourage and develop your written presentation skills
1. all the above as part of a broader aim to produce professional managers with an awareness and understanding of CSR and ethics.
1. it is essential that you read widely from Current Issues in Business Ethics and CSR reading-list -some additional references through students own literature search but not at expense of ignoring the module literature.
“In your view a) can the use of so-called sweatshops as suppliers be justified? b) what could a company do to ensure that sweatshops supplying them treat employees humanely and with dignity?
[note: your answer MUST be widely informed by the academic literature. MAXIMUM 2,000 words in essay format. (excluding bibliography AND ONE-PAGE SELF-REFLECTION on your class contribution: GROUP PRESENTATION and MANAGEMENT INSIGHT)
[THIS ASSIGNMENT BRIEF WILL BE USED IN THE EVENT OF RESUBMISSION]