Instructions: These are 2 separate questions, so they are 2 separate papers.
At least 2 pages each: APA format. At least 2 references– Must NOT be over 5 years old.
1. Informatics Competencies and Advanced Nursing Practice
According to the AACN (2006) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, DNP graduates are distinguished by their abilities to use information systems/technology to support and improve patient care and healthcare systems and provide leadership within healthcare systems and/or academic settings” (p. 12).
Reflect on the AACN DNP “Essential IV: Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care” and your own technology experience and answer the following.
· What were your initial thoughts on reading the AACN Information Systems/Technology Essentials for the DNP graduate?
· Did you find any of the essentials surprising? Why or Why not?
· Describe the changes you have seen in your practice setting over the past five years that have been brought about by the use of technology and evidence-based practice.
· Describe the changes you expect to see in your practice setting over the next five years based on technology.
· How have these changes affected nursing practice in your setting?
McBride, S., & Tietze, M. (2018). Nursing informatics for the advanced practice nurse: Patient safety, quality, outcomes, and interprofessionalism. (2nd ed.). Springer Publishing.
· Chapter 1: Introduction to Health Information Technology in a Policy and Regulatory Environment (p. 3-18)
· Chapter 2: Advanced Practice Roles in Interprofessional Teams (p. 19-38)
· Chapter 24: Developing Competencies in Nursing for an Electronic Age of Healthcare (p. 587-608)
Choi, J., & Zucker, D. M. (2013). Self-assessment of nursing informatics competencies for Doctor of Nursing Practice students (Links to an external site.). Journal of Professional Nursing, 29(6), 381-387. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2012.05.014 (Links to an external site.)
Kinnunen, U. M., Heponiemi, T., Rajalahti, E., Ahonen, O., Korhonen, T., & Hyppönen, H. (2019). Factors related to health informatics competencies for nurses—results of a national electronic health record Survey (Links to an external site.). CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 37(8), 420-429. https://doi.org/10.1097/CIN.0000000000000511
2. Clinical Information Systems
Conduct an online search for two different EHR Software Solutions (e.g., eClinicalWorks, McKesson, Cerner, Allscripts, Athena Health, GE Healthcare, Epic, Care360, practice fusion, OPTUMInsight, NEXTGEN, etc.).
· Briefly describe the selected EHR software solutions. Include three features of each software in the description.
· Compare and contrast the benefits of the two selected EHR software solutions.
· Select an EHR software solution that is best suited for your workplace environment. Identify the workplace environment (hospital, stand-alone private practice, etc.) and provide your rationale for the selected software.